Saturday 8 May 2010

Adelaide... OZ



Adelaide, Australia.

Besides strip clubs, XXX shops and pokies, there's nothing much to do in Adelaide. It's a superbly laid back town. You can't find a descent bar around without slot machines but I manage to find a small little bar called The Little Bar at Hindley's. Had a pint of Victoria Bitter and decided to head back to the hotel. They weren't so friendly with Asians especially "chinks" like me. If I was Indian, I think they would have killed me :)


I woke up late at 6.30pm LT today... Walked out the hotel at 7.15pm and every shop and restaurants were closed. The only restaurant still open is called Mekong & Thai which is just directly opposite my hotel... Of course, their food sucks and that's why I ain't going back in there again. I tried their food once 3 months back and it was terrible. Imagine, a "guai lo" was frying my Nasi Goreng Kampung :) Since every restaurants were closed, I had no choice but to have take aways. Tried out this outlet called Wok In A Box. They serve Chinese "dung chows" in a box like what you see in the American movies. Ordered the "Hot & Spicy" and it costs me AU$10.95. It's stir fried noodles with beef, chicken, onions, capsicums, chili and chili sauce. Damn it was terrible! Maybe it is more for "guai lo's" tastes but not for us.

After my crappy meal in my room while watching Ran & Stimpy, decided to get some booze. Ordered room service for 2 Victoria Bitter, 2 Crown Lager, 2 Coopers original pale ale and 2 Coopers clear.




Victoria Bitter:
VB has always been my favourite when I'm in OZ... It's easy to obtain practically everywhere in OZ and it doesn't give you a disappointment. It gives a good flavour of its Lager but it ain't so bitter. I would prefer it to be a little bit more bitter to give the extra "umph!". (4.6% alc)

Crown Lager:
They call this the premium beer. It costs more than other beer. I don't undertand why they call it a Lager... Tastes more like Pilsner beer to me... It's quite flat in flavour but I have to say, it's really really really smooth for beer. (4.9% alc)

Coopers Pale Ale:
They call it ale, I call it beer. We "chinapek" can't really tell the differences between beer and ale unless we look into its ingredients. Honestly, it tastes rather OK to me. Flavour is much richer than the rest but the "kick" really isn't there. (4.5% alc)

Coopers Clear:
Low Carb Beer... Really regreted trying this bull crap! Tastes really really dry... If you think Asahi Dry Beer is dry, wait till you try this crap. It's like a desert running through your throat and into your belly. Tastes rather flat like Duty Free Tiger beer back home. This is definitly a No No for recommendations... Unless you're size of a freaking Hippo and decided to keep a low fat diet, by all means, GO AHEAD! (4.5% alc)

I have to say, there are more beers to try in Australia... Different states makes different beer. The best beer I had is called Little Creatures which I tried in Perth. It's really good. I'll keep you guys further updated with the Little Creatures end of this month when I'm there. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment