Saturday 15 May 2010

Meals at 41,000 feet

Sorry for the late updates... Was kind of shagged up after landing in KLIA. Hit the sack and knocked off when I got back home. Was quite busy the next day too and that's why I'm updating my blog today.


I was flying overhead the Straits of Japan heading south at 41,000 feet above mean sea level when suddenly I received a chime from the cabin crew telling me it's lunch time! Yum! Yum! Was rather hungry that day as my breakfast was only a Nissin Cup Noodle. My starters were soft rolls with garlic bread. Apetisers were Japanese Buckweed Noodles also known as "Zaru Soba", main course was grilled sea bass with cream and vegetables, deserts were fresh fruits. The soft roll was never my favourite but I always enjoyed the garlic bread although it's a little bit tough.


The "Zaru Soba" is only available for Japanese routes. We don't normally get this served on board unless we're flying to Japan. It's really good especially when you mix the "wasabi" in the sauce. It gives an extra "kick" into the flavour. So, don't have your "soba" without one.

The grilled fish was quite fresh and blends especially well with the cream sauce. Add a couple dashes of black pepper, viola! You've got yourself a delicious main course... Sadly, the sweet peas were rather old. The rest of the vegies were just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment