Sunday 23 May 2010

My in-flight meals from Rome - KL

Well, I have to say that Malaysia Airlines have fairly improved on their in-flight meals. People always think that in-flight meals are always pre-cooked food which taste terrible or it's always the typical cold sandwiches. Let me change your views from now on :)

Upon departing out of Rome, we started with satay for starters. Satay is a traditional BBQ chicken/beef skewers marinated with lemongrass topped with spicy peanut sauce. It is a traditional Malay dish which is loved by all races and all ages in Malaysia. The ones served by Malaysia Airlines is delicious and the meat is very tender. It is not dry but juicy and piping hot too. The spicy peanut sauce is thick and rich with aroma. This is the award wining signature dish for Malaysia Airlines and should I say, I'll give my 2 thumbs up for this dish! :)


Then there came my food tray which initially served my appetizers. 2 garlic breads, smoked salmon with prawns accompanied by fresh vegetables and a bowl of mixed fruits. I don't think I'll need to explain much about the garlic bread as I have mentioned about it in my previous blog. Anyway, the smoked salmon was a little dry but the flavour is still there. Squeeze the lemon juice on it to remove the fishy smell and viola! It tastes quite good. The prawn was fresh. It gives a good chewy sensation in your mouth. As I love vegetables, the fresh vegetables around it makes the dish more exciting with crunchiness in your mouth.

My main course was the stuffed pasta in cream sauce with cheese. It's 3 slices of pastas stuffed with cheese in it. This is the first time I had such a dish and may I say, it was fun to try new flavours. The stuffing in the pasta makes it quite a heavy dish. The flavour is a little bit flat and there's a strong cheesy stench. But in overall, it still is quite a good dish.

Later in the night, I got a little hungry and needed something to eat. For supper, I requested for an instant noodle from the cabin crew. In about approximately 5 minutes later, the cabin crew served my delicious instant noodle in a 5 star manner. You can see it in the picture that this is what we call luxury instant noodles. It's cooked with prawns, chicken, tofu and vegetables. Eat it with the sliced chilli and it's the perfect instant noodles!

Then there came breakfast time before we landed in Kuala Lumpur. I tried the chicken noodles for the first time. Sorry to say, this dish isn't that good. It was too salty and the noodles were a little overcooked. The vegetables were too soft as they were overcooked. Although the looks of the dish is wonderful, it is still a mere disaster for me. Had to consume alot of drinking water after that meal due to it being too salty. The fresh fruits served with it played a big part of cleaning my tongue :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul! Like your blog and like your writing :) Can i just say you're waaaay spoilt for getting first class meals. Malaysian Airlines don't serve such nice things in economy. I just got back from Rome last month, and I think there was nasi lemak at best, some briyani n not very good penne pasta :P

    ReplyDelete